DNA Research Announces "3Delight for Softimage 4.0"
With new path tracing technology and interactive re-lighting
Singapore – September 23rd, 2013 – DNA Research announces the release of 3Delight for Softimage 4.0, a major evolution of our fully integrated renderer for Autodesk ® Softimage 3D animation software for visual effects and games production. Building on top of an already solid base, this new version introduces a new, blazingly fast, path tracing technology which allows for real time relighting operations. Combined with a simplified workflow, new physically plausible materials and many additional features, including multichannel EXR support, polygonal aperture for depth of field, new sharper subsurface algorithm and an easy procedure to add custom materials.
Highlights of 3Delight for Softimage 4.0
- New Path Tracing Technology Alongside our productionproven REYES technology, we now provide a new exceptionally fast path tracing rendering technology. The algorithm allows for extremely fast multibounce global illumination as well much improved performance on highcomplexity scenes.
- Relighting Modifications to lights, materials and cameras are immediately visible in the render region. Progressive rendering allows for rapid iterations for lighting artists and for look development.
- Performance This new version is at least ten times faster than previous releases. Memory consumption has been greatly reduced and 3Delight for Softimage is much more responsive overall.
- Physically Plausible Materials We include easy to use and physically plausible materials along with this release. The materials can simulate a large variety of surfaces, including coated surfaces, skin, glass and surfaces with subsurface scattering. A minimal set of parameters still allow the modeling of a variety of different materials while staying very artistfriendly.
- Highend quality, speed and robustness Built on top of a production proven and pioneering render engine, 3Delight for Softimage will bring years of film rendering experience to VFX studios.
More details about 3Delight for Softimage 4.0 are available at the Overview and Features pages from the 3Delight website.