Monday, February 20, 2012

Miarmy 1.2

I've been doing some research on crowds for a couple of weeks now. Coincidentally, I read about Miarmy releasing its linux version (I think it was version 1.0) and I decided to give it a go. It didn't go well and I had to go back to rib archives and some mel but a few days ago I was browsing the examples and saw a new 1.2 release.

This time every example was working perfect. The render part is still a bit tricky but they give you an alternative to the 3delight built-in mechanism which will create geometry (a killer option when there's heavy geometry and lots of agents).

I managed to get my first tests in a couple of days. I'll see if I can get something decent to render soon :)