Wednesday, July 28, 2010

cortex-5.6.0

You probably know cortex http://code.google.com/p/cortex-vfx/

I remember I read something about it a few weeks ago, but I wasn't really aware of what could I do with it (since I'm not a python/c++ guy). Well, today I was reading a bit more and suddenly I feel like I need to understand that stuff.

After downloading the code and adding a few more devel packages (or adding the existing ones to the path) I finally got the stuff compiled.

Now, after loading the plugin, I try to do the examples but seems like either those examples are old or the cortex code isn't ready for the changes in maya 2011. I feel a bit like when I tried to use liquid a few years ago (yes, *years*).

So, if you happen to understand a bit more on IECoreMaya and its examples, I'd be interested in some help :)

2 comments:

notanymike said...

Hey could you share with me the compiled .exe or .mll or whatever? I have no idea how to do it myself...

Unknown said...

I'm using linux, sorry.
Still, gotta fix some dependencies yet - the plugin is compiled now but since I was using different versions of boost it doesn't work at all :)

maybe somebody at the project forum can give you a compiled version...